Thursday, October 8, 2009

Oaksterdam


I want to sell pot. Legally. And grow it. Legally. And now I can, if I just move to California and take some classes at Oaksterdam University. Oaksterdam University is a trade school that teaches students how to grow and distribute marijuana.  If you don't live near one of the three cities where the campuses are located (Oakland, Los Angeles, or North Bay), or if you can't take time out from work to attend the regular semester classes, you can attend roughly fifteen hours over a weekend in the basic course.  The weekend course will only set you back $250.00, which I think is pretty reasonable.  I suppose it helps if you have someone in town that will let you crash at their place, like I do (sorry Jennifer).  Still.  The weekend course includes instruction on politics and legal issues, horticulture, extaction methods and what to do with the extractions (food and drink), and how to responsibly distribute your product.  They even offer a glass-blowing class.  I have been looking for a reason to visit California for a long time, and what better reason than this?  Eventually, Minnesota will legalize the use of medical marijuana, right?  And if not, what better reason to move to Oakland or Los Angeles (surely, Los Angeles) than to take the advanced classes at Oaksterdam University, and set up shop?

1 comment:

  1. um, hello? why aren't you here, already? it's true we're no longer actually in oakland, but it's only 15 minutes away. come see me!!!

    ReplyDelete