Friday, January 8, 2010

Avatar: The Movie


This review will be short.  Many people (hypothetically, since many people don't read this blog) will disagree and be miffed at my opinion.  Oh well.  Dear James: REALLY? YOU SPENT FIVE YEARS MAKING THIS?  I get it, there was a lot of comuter work, technical work, blah blah, I get it.  And it was pretty cool, especially in 3-D.  But could you have spent fifteen minutes on the story?  I already saw Dances With Wolves, and since I watched it on video, it only cost $1.99, not the $13.00 I had to shell out for this slop.  Actually, I paid $26.00 because I told my friend Laurie that I would buy her ticket before I knew how much it was, and then I couldn't really back out, could I?  And another thing.  What were the tails for?  Why did the tall people have tails?  What's the point of giving a character a tail if you aren't going to ever address the fact that they have tails?  Is the tail used to connect with the animals?  Of course not, that's what HAIR is for.  Ugly hair.  And the animals.  Did every single animal need to have six legs?  That's all you could come up with?  EVER SINGLE animal gets six legs?  Lame.  I really wanted to like this movie, but I just didn't.  One kid a few rows in front of me was so bored he was texting on his phone, and I had to throw a piece of ice at him.  Best part of the whole movie.

2 comments: